User Privacy & Data Protection Policy
To provide a tailor made and personalised experience, the information you share maybe processed and analysed by the inbuilt AI. This will help the App give you the best possible experience by showing content in your language and according to your interests. For example, based on the data collected, you may get a push notification when the latest polls is out, or when election violence is reported. Similarly, based on your previous interactions within the App you may receive push notifications based on your interests in the future.
This app may request you for several permissions in order to serve you better. All these permissions are contextual and cause-specific. You are also free to grant or deny many of these permissions. Below is a list of permissions requested along with the purpose they serve:
Identity and Accounts: Permission to use your identity and use relevant information from your device to help you use your Google Account or Facebook Account to login to the App. You may choose to not grant this permission and enter your identity details independently or choose to browse the App in Guest mode.
Camera and File Storage: Permission to access your camera and/or photos/media/files is requested to help you use features like ‘Report Election Violence’, ‘Report Campaign Violations’ and other such initiatives where posting a photo may be required to participate.
Wi-Fi/Network Connection/Network Access: Permission to access Wi-Fi, Network Connection and Network Access is taken only to allow the App to connect to the internet to provide its functionality.
The permissions asked for are used only for a specific feature or user action. For example, permission to use photos is used only when you want to post a photo and the file storage permission is used only to store the photo on the device.
The following information collected by the App is used only for the purposes mentioned below:
- Gender is used to identify policies that matter to each gender
- Name is used to show the person who created the poll. This could also be a username or anonymous.
- Email ID is used to send important communications
- Location details are used to send notifications in your language and to serve you content relevant to your geography
- Age Group is used to identify polices that matter to that age group
- Phone Number is used as an authentication tool to keep the app clean of bogus users and propaganda.
- Unique Application numbers, cookies and similar technologies are used to identify your device uniquely for contextual services and push notifications.
Objectionable Content and EULA
- My Vote will have no tolerance for objectionable content or abusive users. Such content will immediately be taken down by the admin and offending users will be banned from the platform with no notice. Users are encouraged to report objectionable content or abusive users to the MyVote hotline on 0117231444 or email us at email@example.com. All such reported content or abusive users will be actioned upon within 24 hrs of first reporting.
Transparency and Choice
- You are free to grant or deny the permissions listed above and utilise the (when asked for) App with a subset of the features you choose to avail at any given time.
User Safety and Security
- We value all personal information provided by you and we shall ensure the safety and security of information you provide in the App. Your data shall not be sold or rented to anyone and will only be utilised for the functionality of the App and related features, services, etc
- MyVote is committed to protecting your privacy and we will under no circumstances share or sell or user data. We use a variety of the latest security procedures, block chain and SLL Secured technologies to help protect your personal information from unauthorized access, and or data tampering.
Use of your Personal Information
MyVote does not use or disclose sensitive personal information, such as race, religion, or political affiliations, without your explicit consent. MyVote may access and/or disclose your personal information if required to do so by law or in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to: (a) conform to the edicts of the law or comply with legal process served on the MyVote applications or the website; (b) protect and defend the rights or property of MyVote, its AI including its mobile applications and website; or (c) act under exigent circumstances to protect the personal safety of users of MyVote or the public.
MyVote AI analyses your in-app polling behavior to match and compare collect against policies put forth by political parties or implemented by Government. MyVote does not sell, rent or lease its customer data to third parties. We may contact you via surveys to conduct research about your opinion of our service or of potential new services that may be offered. All data is treated as confidential and is prohibited to be used for any other purpose than what is stipulated on this statement.
Collection of your Personal Information
As a public polling platform, MyVote collects personal information, such as your e-mail address, name, email or telephone number. Information collected by MyVote is used solely for the purpose of policy polling and news aggregating. MyVote does not collect any information about your computer hardware and software.
MyVote encourages it’s users to review the privacy statements of sites to better understand how those they collect, use and share your information.
Control your Personal Information
MyVote offers its users choices for the collection, use and sharing of personal information. You may notify us of your preferences by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Please be sure to provide complete account information so we can identify you in our records. We’ve enabled the following advertiser features on Google Analytics:
- Remarketing with Google Analytics
- Google Display Network Impression Reporting
- Google Analytics Demographics and Interest & Intent Reporting
You can opt out of Google Analytics advertiser features by visiting Google Analytics currently available opt-outs.
Changes to this Statement